- The Dark Knight website posts a memorial to Heath Ledger.
- Disney to re-release Toy Story in 3-D.
- Writer’s Strike: Lionsgate and Marvel are latest to make interim deals with the WGA.
- The title of the new James Bond film is Quantum of Solace. Uhh… okay!
- Eye Candy: New Iron Man sure to make awesome action figures.
Like the rest of us, he “can’t wait to see” the latest take on his signature animated character.
“For all those fans that dreamed of an adult approach to the material, ‘Batman Begins’ got nearly everything right,” Mark Hamill wrote to MTV News upon first seeing the trailer for Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight. “I have no doubt this one will be just as good or better.”
The teaser trailer for The Dark Knight. (In HD!) Let the judging of Heath Ledger begin!
Today’s biggie: a new trailer for Pixar’s Wall-E. Sorry Artoo – there’s a new adorable robot in town.
- Michael Caine praises Heath Ledger’s performance in The Dark Knight.
- Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy not getting a sequel. I don’t think anyone is going to mind.
- Bay and ILM promise to step it up on Transformers 2.
- Zachary Quinto gushes about Trek co-stars.
- Krypton footage may make Superman Returns sequel.
- Next on the remake trail: Friday the 13th.
Rumor Mill of the Crystal Skull
- AICN reports that the Indy 4 crew have recreated a very familiar location from the first movie.
- Jessica Biel is not Wonder Woman. Entertainment Weekly reports she passed on the role; fanboys mourn.
- Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz‘s Simon Pegg wants a Potter role. Who would you cast him as?
- Another Terminator trilogy? Oh, for Christ’s sake…
- Six Flags building Bat-coasters. Three The Dark Knight Coasters will be opening in May 2008.
- Adrien Brody was up for Spock role.
Justice League of America script might have leaked. Emphasis on the might, but there are possible spoilers. In slightly more plausible news (it’s from Variety!) Jessica Biel may step into Wonder Woman’s boots. Well, we know she’s kicked ass before, but is she superhero material? I don’t foresee any complaints from the Karrdes.
Meanwhile, in another franchise…
- Daniel Radcliffe looking forward to filming Inferi scene for Half-Blood Prince.
- Transformers 2 in Summer 2009.
- David Duchovny claims second X-Files might begin shotting in December.
- Rumor mill: Rachel Weisz and Chloe Sevigny fighting for role in… Terminator 4? Yeah, right.
- Technician dies on the set of The Dark Knight.
Jim Broadbent reveals that he’ll play Professor Slughorn in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. He’s everywhere! (He also talks about his Indiana Jones role at the link.) In other casting news, looks like Zoe Saldana will be playing Uhura in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek.
In other news…
- First Prince Caspian poster. Fangirls, meet your new girly-man squee magnet. (Sorry, Orlando.)
- Heath Ledger talks about being the Joker. (Link links to video.)
- The Last Starfighter: The Musical. …What? Why? Were the rights cheap?
- Geoffrey Rush talks Pirates 4. Nothing really solid, but I am just taking this opportunity to say I would so watch a Barbossa movie.
- Shia LeBouf as Y: The Last Man’s Yorick?
- Viggo Mortsensen in The Hobbit? Well, someone has to bring the pretty, I suppose.
The big news this week seems to IESB’s report that a Justice League of America movie has been fast-tracked by Warner Bros. Ryan Reynolds has been talking up The Flash, but Christian Bale pleads ignorance. A Justice League without Batman? The fanboys will love it!
Michael Bay’s hissyfits, let me show you them
- Wait wait wait, Anthony Michael Hall is in The Dark Knight? Possible spoilers.
- They are remaking Logan’s Run. You just can’t keep rewarmed crap down.
- Rose McGowen to play Barbarella? See above.
- Aliens vs. Predator sequel gets a name. Don’t worry, it’s probably still going to suck.
- Steve Spielberg and Michael Bay pissed about Blu-Ray. Good news, guys: The audience doesn’t care.
- Irvine Welsh talks Trainspotting sequel. Someone musta loved writing that headline. In more promising news for Ewan McGregor fans, the trailer for Cassandra’s Dream is out.