Batman’s latest had taken in $324.3 million by Monday, putting it on the fast track to beat out Star Wars for the #2 spot on the domestic list of top grossing films Personally, I find TDK’s slim chances at taking out that Titanic schlockfest far more disheartening.
August 1st, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
July 25th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
- The Wolverine panel – featuring a surprise visit from Hugh Jackman himself – looked to be a big hit with the crowds. Hopefully we’ll be getting an official look at that trailer soon.
- Richard Hatch and Bear McCreary talk Battlestar Galactica; io9 has a look at Bryan Singer’s 2001 take on the series.
- Inside Watchmen’s Owlship with MTV… Less hopeful? My Chemical Romance will cover Bob Dylan for the movie. Ugh.
- Doc Savage coming to the screen?
- Sam Raimi announced that Bruce Spence has been cast in the Wizard’s First Rule TV show, which will be called Legend of the Seeker.
- Also: Jim Butcher; Red Sonja; Tron 2; The Day the Earth Stood Still; The Jokers are swarming!
July 18th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The Dark Knight took in $18.5 million from its midnight release earlier this morning, breaking the $16.9 million record Revenge of the Sith set back in 2005. TDK’s 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. showings were not counted, but it’s sure to make a mint this weekend. Spider-Man 3 better watch his back…
UPDATE: Indeed, it took in $66.4 million Friday, breaking Spider-Man 3′s opening day record of $59.8.
July 7th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
With everyone gearing up for The Dark Knight, the MTV Movie Blog takes a look back at the Joker of Batman: The Animated Series, perhaps best known to Star Wars fans as Mark Hamill’s signature voice role.
May 6th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
May 4th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
A lot of new footage in this one – including what may be our first look at Two-Face.
April 20th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
So it seems that Seth Green had the biggest Star Wars news today… But Cinematical has pictures from the New York Comic Con, including one from Steve’s panel and several out-and-about troopers. Keep an eye on the nycc and newyorkcomiccon tags on Flickr for more shots.
- The Hobbit: Guillermo del Toro will know soon if he’s directing.
- X-Files: MTV has an interview with Carter and Spotnitz, while io9 and EW report from the X-Files panel.
- The Dark Knight: MTV has a blow-by-blow of the Bat-trailer, which will officially hit in two weeks.
- Narnia: Disney has “no plans” for after Dawn Treader. Yet.
- The Spirit: Haven’t really been covering this one, but the trailer premiered and it’s pretty neat.
January 25th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
- The Dark Knight website posts a memorial to Heath Ledger.
- Disney to re-release Toy Story in 3-D.
- Writer’s Strike: Lionsgate and Marvel are latest to make interim deals with the WGA.
- The title of the new James Bond film is Quantum of Solace. Uhh… okay!
- Eye Candy: New Iron Man sure to make awesome action figures.
January 3rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Like the rest of us, he “can’t wait to see” the latest take on his signature animated character.
“For all those fans that dreamed of an adult approach to the material, ‘Batman Begins’ got nearly everything right,” Mark Hamill wrote to MTV News upon first seeing the trailer for Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight. “I have no doubt this one will be just as good or better.”
December 17th, 2007 by Dunc · No Comments
The teaser trailer for The Dark Knight. (In HD!) Let the judging of Heath Ledger begin!