Interested in purchasing costumes and props from the Sci-Fi series Battlestar Galactica? Apollo’s or Starbuck’s flight suit? Admiral Adama’s uniform? full size Raptors or Vipers ? (will those even fit in my garage?) Propworx (which has handled Star Trek prop & costume auctions in the past) will be having a series of live and online auctions of 3,000 BSG costumes and props next year, and has started a blog of what they have found in production storage, found at www.battlestarprops.com.
August 25th, 2008 by jawajames · No Comments
August 5th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The A New Hope TIE model netted £177,789 ($350,000!) in Profiles of History’s latest movie memorabilia auction. Wow…
July 21st, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Terri Hodges is spearheading a project with the 501st to support the the Make A Wish Foundation. The first quilt is being auctioned off on eBay right now! Learn more on the project’s MySpace or Terri’s Flickr.
July 17th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The TIE fighter model in the Profiles in History auction is expected to fetch up to £100,000, the highest-priced (or, well, estimated) item in the collection. That’s about about $200,000 American. Gotta love the exchange rate… The Crusade Grail is only expected to go for about £12,500, or $25,000.
- Exhibits: The St. Paul run of ‘Where Science Meets Imagination’ draws in 100,000 visitors within 32 days.
- Gaming: The Guardian’s Greg Howson interviews The Force Unleashed project lead Haden Blackman. In other TFU news, an IGN preview.
- Science: Laser beam technology… For real.
- People: Warwick Davis in the San Francisco Chronicle’s Makeup Actor Hall of Fame.
→ No CommentsFiled: gaming · people · space & science · star wars
Tagged: auction · haden blackman · interviews · lasers · the force unleashed · warwick davis · where science meets imagination
July 9th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
There are several Star Wars items in the latest Profiles in History auction, including Threepio’s feet (above,) a TIE miniature, a Duros latex head cast, an Imperial Officer uniform and X-Wing master molds, all from from A New Hope. The Star Wars items are lots 901-905, but there’s plenty of sci-fi and action film items scattered throughout, including the Holy Grail from The Last Crusade (Lot 916.) You don’t have to be a collector to enjoy paging through the catalog PDF… (Thanks to Rach on the list!)
June 16th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
They’re the work of Suckadelic, “an Evil Arts Organization that has made a name for itself thru creative toy bootlegging and illicit remix records.”
February 15th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
- Geek love: Guy proposed to girlfriend in a Darth Vader suit at Revenge of the Sith – yes, she’s the fan. They’ve been married almost two years.
- Auction: Life-size Star Wars characters go to auction today in Detroit. …Why am I only hearing about this now?
- Fandom: Lightsaber vigilante/performance artist haunts city.
- Rehash: The Los Angeles Times takes a ‘where are they now’ look at the stars of Star Wars.
August 2nd, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Profiles in History’s latest auction contains the aforementioned head, Anakin and Obi-Wan lightsabers from AOTC and TPM, and the Grail tablet from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
April 19th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Bid on ebay for a chat with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones star for charity. Current high bid is $3,550! (Thanks to Michelle for the tip!)
March 21st, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Samuel L. Jackson’s stunt lightsaber from AOTC and the Staff of Ra headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark are among the items in the latest Profiles in History auction. The big tickets are Christopher Reeve’s Superman costume from the 1978 film, and Val Kilmer’s Batman suit (is that the one with the nipples?) from Batman Forever.