Our favorite droid duo are now… Advertising pitchmen? Okay then!
The con is over, but with so much going on there’s still a lot of coverage coming out from StarWars.com and the fans. (Like the video above.) Here are a few highlights
- The ForceCast did several shows at Celebration, but you don’t want to miss the one where they interview Mark Hamill.
- Ben Burtt talks The Sounds of Star Wars
- Video: Time-lapse of Eric Maruscak’s Clone Wars chalk mural.
- A recap of Bryan Young’s wildly popular ‘Why We Love the Prequels’ panel.
- See all the happy couples who tok the time to get (non-legally) hitched at the Commitment Chapel. (Yes, Lucas Online’s Bonnie Burton does explain why she married R2-D2.)
- Video: A very Disney Last Tour to Endor.
- Miss out on a print? StarWarsShop has some left!
- Were you at the Fandom 140 panel? Did you tweet at the panel? You may be a winner!
Your moment of zen: “I was sitting in the middle of the Force Unleashed 2 panel when I saw you from across the room.”
StarWars.com has a look at the adidas Originals Star Wars Collection for Fall/Winter 2010, including this adorable set of droid shoes!
Paul Bussiere’s R2-D2 is a regular visitor to the children’s hospital in Bangor, Maine
The internet’s favorite Star Wars cake – this week. As impressive as this Tauntaun grooms cake is, I’m not sure I’d want to eat it. Still, props to the folks at Cake Nouveau for really capturing the moment. And by moment I meant slimy tauntaun guts. (Their dazed-out Luke is amazingly good, too.)
Artoo found in Transformers 2. Are there enough oil baths in the world to get the poor droid clean after this?
Seriously? Someone is taking their dedication to authentic costuming a little too far.
Quack Vader. This unauthorized ’70’s Vader light looks like something Robot Chicken would come up with. Maybe Seth Green had one, too?
And finally… Sideshow has a site up for the customized stormtrooper figures they showed off at SDCC.
His biggest fan. Of course there was a Plo Koon cake, and of course it was eventually served to none other than Dave Filoni. (And Jeremy Bulloch. And Ashley Eckstein.)
Brains. StarWars.com celebrates the release of Death Troopers with Zombie Week. I wish I had the words to tell you how much I’m feeling Zombie Week, but I’m exhausted.
Charity. The Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society is selling Obi-Wan medallions to help raise money for seriously injured service members.