It’s Friday, and ‘Trespass’ debuts tonight. The episode introduces Chairman Chi Cho, voiced by Brian George, and also features quite a bit of Threepio. Get a preview with the latest webcomic, ‘Cold Snap’
- Last week: Watch ‘Defenders of Peace.’
- Reviews: CJ reader Ben Rollman (Xadrian) is doing them for Television Zombies. Here’s ‘Jedi Crash.’
- Podcast: The Force-Cast’s Clone Wars Roundtable talk ‘Defenders of Peace’ with Fanboy’s Kyle Newman.
- Merchandise: eFX is producing an Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber; Some new kid’s books from Penguin.
- Exhibits: Where Science Meets Imagination opened in St. Paul this week, so naturally there’s plenty of press (featuring Anthony Daniels) from the locals, like the Star Tribune and KARE 11.
- Holidays: Sunday is Father’s Day, which means a lot of lip service for The Empire Strikes Back. Watch it with your dad!
- Random celebrities: Showbiz Ireland makes much ado about some Tatooine-esque getup of Colin Farrell’s. Hey, at least he’s not wearing a bad wig.
StarWars.com has announced that Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels will be guests at the third 30th anniversary convention taking place outside Tokyo this June. Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Jake Lloyd, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan and Matthew Wood are also confirmed.
I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or what, but all the Celebration Europe press I ran across today is so… sensationalist.
First, Daily Mail reporter Tanya Gold doesn’t even get a paragraph into her CE experience before breaking out the requisite ‘Get a life’ comment. Keeping reading – it’s full of such classy gems. Although I do like the description of Steve Sansweet as George Lucas’ “representative on Earth.”
As for the real stars of the CE experience, we have comments from Anthony Daniels, admonishing Sir Alec Guinness and a trifecta of Mark Hamill comments that the blurb artists are trying their damnedest on: ‘wanting’ to be Vader; the Luke warehouse; and the one with the legs, Portman’s a babe.
Got my tickets for the 12:01 am show next week – they’re playing it in three theaters at my local multiplex. Three! So now I feel like a bit of an idiot for heading straight to the theater after work. But now I’m wondering – should I try to convince my friends to relive our high school days and get there early enough to be at the front of the line? (We did that for the Special Editions… yes, I’m just a youngling, I know.)
First off, another new commercial sporting more of the lovely Palpatine footage that makes us Sith get all giggly and excited… Note to Lucasfilm: Less of Padme. More of Palpy. Sell the evil.
The highlight of today’s articles – Anthony Daniels on what kind of wine to drink while watching Revenge of the Sith.
The BBC looks at why Star Wars still matters. Because, you know, all this media coverage apparently has people wondering. Includes testimonials from fans. Meanwhile, Reuters wonders if its good for cinema.
Would you pay $500 to see ROTS early?
And now for something completely different… a bit on Lucasfilm’s new Presidio headquarters. Pretty!