October 12th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
As Star Wars: In Concert rolls along (Los Angeles and San Jose last week,) the press has caught wind and treated us to a few articles and the traditional oh-so-inspired headline choices. So far, the biggest treatment is out of Denver, which uses the concert tour as a hinge to play the dueling franchise game. With infographics! It’s familiar territory but one can’t help but appreciate the enthusiasm.
You can expect the expected (twice) from the San Jose Mercury News, while the Sacramento Press plays it safe. Next up is the northwest, where the Seattle Times and The Oregonian both offer interviews with Anthony Daniels. (The San Francisco Chronicle also nabbed him – on their baby blog? ) Don’t expect much from the east coast or midwest yet (it’s football season,) but Toledo and Cleveland have nods.
Of course CNN, being CNN, got George.
Filed: star wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · george lucas · interviews · music · star wars in concert
October 6th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Buns over Broadway. Carrie Fisher’s one-woman show ‘Wishful Drinking’ opened on Broadway this weekend, and the reviews are in. Not too shabby! Let’s not forget the woman herself is still blogging away… And not pulling any punches, either.
Why is the goofy news always from the U.K.? Two stories involving David Prowse… In the first, his car breaks down. Okay, maybe not so wacky, except the part where it used to belong to Kenny Baker, thus allowing all the ability to write a silly headline. In the second, a house where the actor was filming a drama was raided by police after neighbors reported the film crew as being there to shot a porn flick.
Behind the CGI. The New York Daily News has a nice piece profiling the Clone Wars voice talent.
In Concert. Naturally the tour is getting some (digital) ink; L.A. Times’ Hero Complex talked to several folks, including host Anthony Daniels; Pheonix New Times’ Benjamin Leatherman was not particularly impressed, though he did give the masses a say. (Ahh, Twitter. Removing the journalist’s need to actually talk to people for comment since 2006.) As for the places where it’s yet to come, Chicago Now’s Geek to Me and The Ottawa Citizen have taken notice.
Filed: people · star wars · the clone wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · ashley eckstein · carrie fisher · david prowse · dee bradley baker · interviews · james arnold taylor · star wars in concert · tom kane
October 4th, 2009 by Dunc · 25 Comments
As the legion of Star Wars accounts on Twitter grows, it’s getting harder to keep track of. It’s impossible to list everyone, but here are a few accounts that may be of interest.
Please note that although we provide this page as a service to fans to find official accounts and other people they may wish to follow, we do not encourage pestering or harassing celebrities and/or other fans. Please be respectful to the celebrities and each other.
And if you’re wondering about hashtags, StarWars.com has some suggestions (though I’m not about to give up on #EpisodeVII!)
- Carrie Fisher (@CarrieFFisher) Played Princess Leia in the original trilogy.
- Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) Played Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy.
- Anthony Daniels (@ADaniels3PO) Played C-3PO in all six movies.
- Ewan McGregor (@mcgregor_ewan) Played Obi-wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy.
- Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) All -around badass; Played Mace Windu in the prequel trilogy.
- David Prowse (@isDARTHVADER) Played Darth Vader (in the suit) for the original trilogy.
- Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) Played Chewbacca in the original trilogy and ROTS.
- Bonnie Piesse (@BonniePiesse) Played Beru Lars in AOTC and ROTS.
- Ahmed Best (@ahmedbest) Played Jar Jar Binks in the prequels.
- Warwick Davis (@WarwickADavis) Played Wicket W. Warrick in Return of the Jedi as well as several characters in The Phantom Menace and many other films.
- Ray Park (@PARKYBOY74) Played Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
- Richard LeParmentier (@AdmiralMotti) Played Admiral Motti in A New Hope.
- Joel Aron ( @joelaron ) Visual effects on Revenge of the Sith, The Clone Wars
- Bad Robot (@bad_robot) Home base of Episode VII director J.J. Abrams.
- Dave Filoni (@dave_filoni) Supervising director of The Clone Wars, Rebels.
- Phil Tippett (@PhilTippett) VFX artist who now heads Tippet Studio; Did stop motion effects for ANH and ESB.
- Greg Weisman (@Greg_Weisman) Writer on Rebels. Worked on Gargoyles, Young Justice.
- Matthew Wood (@matthewood) Skywalker Sound; Voice of General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars.
- Matt Lanter (@MattLanter) Voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars
- Ashley Eckstein (@HerUniverse) Voice of Ahsoka Tano. Used mostly for Her Universe business, and also listed under licensees, but Ashley shares other stuff here as well.
- James Arnold Taylor (@JATactor) Voice of Obi-Wan in The Clone Wars
- Catherine Taber (@cattaber) Voice of Padme Amidala in The Clone Wars
- Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer) Voice of Darth Maul on The Clone Wars, Galen Marek/Starkiller in The Force Unleashed.
- Dee Bradley Baker (@deebradleybaker) Voice of The Clone Wars clonetroopers.
- Phil LaMarr (@phillamarr) Voice of The Clone Wars’ Kit Fisto.
- Meredith Salenger (@MeredthSalenger) voiced Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars.
- Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) Voice of Dengar in The Clone Wars. Director/Actor, Shaun of the Dead, Scottie in Star Trek prequel/reboot.
- Greg Proops (@GregProops) Voice of Beed Annodue in The Phantom Menace.
- Peter Serafinowicz (@serafinowicz) Voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
Lucasfilm and licensees
Other official types
- Chris Argyropoulos (@ThatChrisA) Lucasfilm Publicist
- Dan Brooks (@dan_brooks) Works for StarWars.com
- Tracy Cannobbio (@Tcann13) Lucasfilm Publicist
- Mary Franklin (@MaryLFL) Sr. Event Lead for Lucasfilm, queen of all she surveys
- Jennifer Heddle (@jenheddle) Senior Editor (fiction) at Lucasfilm.
- Pablo Hidalgo (@infinata) Brand Communication Manager for Lucasfilm, author, internet rockstar
- Leland Chee (@HolocronKeeper) Keeper of the Holocron, Lucas Licensing
- Matt Martin (@missingwords) Works for StarWars.com
- Erich Schoeneweiss (@Darth_Duff) Del Rey editor
- Randy Stradley (@Randy_Stradley) Vice President of Publishing, Dark Horse Comics
- Aaron Allston (@aaronallston) Author, X-Wing, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi series.
- Kevin J. Anderson (@TheKJA) Author, The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Corinna Bechko (@CorinnaBechko) Writer, Legacy
- Haden Blackman (@HadenBlackman) LucasArts / Writer, The Force Unleashed
- Jeremy Barlow (@Jeremy_Barlow) Writer / Dark Horse editor
- Bonnie Burton (@bonniegrrl) Writer, You Can Draw: Star Wars
- Nathan P. Butler (@swfanworks) Writer, ‘Equals and Opposites’ / StarWarsFanWorks.com
- Chris Cassidy (@Yav14) Writer, ‘Precipice’
- James.S.A.Corey (@JamesSACorey) aka Daniel Abraham (@AbrahamHanover) and Ty Franck. Authors, Empire and Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves.
- Paul Ens (@paulens) Writer, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome, ‘Evasive Action’ webstrips / Owner of Red 5 Comics / Former Director of Lucas Online
- Jason Fry (@jasoncfry) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Christie Golden (@ChristieGolden) Author, Fate of the Jedi
- Kevin Hearne (@KevinHearne) Author, upcoming Empire and Rebellion Luke novel.
- Helen Keier (@HelenKeier) Writer, The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Drew Karpyshyn (@DrewKarpyshyn) Author, Darth Bane novels.
- Paul S. Kemp (@Paulskemp) Author, Crosscurrent
- Tim Lebbon (@timlebbon) Author, Dawn of the Jedi novel
- John Jackson Miller (@jjmfaraway) Writer, Knights of the Old Republic, Kenobi
- Abel G. Peña (@ThePhilodoxer) Writer, things fanboys love
- J. W. Rinzler (@jwrinzler) Writer, The Making of Star Wars, other nonfiction.
- Joe Schreiber (@joeschreiber1) Author, Death Troopers
- Mike Stackpole (@MikeStackpole) Author, X-Wing series
- Matthew Stover (@MWStover ) Author, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, Revenge of the Sith novelization.
- Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) Writer, Invasion comic.
- Paul Urquhart (@quhart) Writer, The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Dan Wallace (@danwall88) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Martha Wells (@marthawells1) Author, Empire and Rebellion: Razor’s Edge
- Sean Williams (@adelaidesean) Author, The Force Unleashed novelizations
- Ryder Windham (@ryderwindham)
- Brian Wood (@brianwood) Writer, Star Wars, the comic that began in 2013
Fan sites and the like
- Cleolinda Jones (@cleolinda) Snarker, Movies in 15 Minutes
- Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) Actress, Fanboys, Veronica Mars
- Felicia Day (@feliciaday) Actress, Dr. Horrible, The Guild
- Seth Green (@sethgreen) Robot Chicken.
- Jon Favreau (@Jon_Favreau) Director, Iron Man
- Jaime King (@Jaime_King) Actress, Fanboys, Sin City
- Greg Grunberg (@greggrunberg) Actor, Heroes, Alias
- J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) Author, Harry Potter series
- William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) William. Shatner.
- Joss Whedon (@josswhedon) Geek god, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, The Avengers, etc.
- Will Wheaton (@wilw) Actor, internet superstar
- Weird Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) Duh.
Filed: expanded universe · fandom · people · star wars
Tagged: ahmed best · anthony daniels · carrie fisher · james arnold taylor · licensees · matt lanter · matthew wood · ray park · social networking · starwars.com · voice actors · warwick davis
July 24th, 2009 by Dunc · 11 Comments
We got nothing, folks. Nothing. Okay, there was TFU and Clone Wars, but nothing else major. Not even Blu-Ray! The StarWars.com write-up is up for those of you who want a less grumpy take on things… My unhinged ramblings, and what Moulin Rouge has to do with The Clone Wars, are beneath the cut (or on the twitter.) (more…)
Filed: conventions · the clone wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · celebration v · sdcc · star wars in concert · the force unleashed
June 1st, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
Lightsabre have been busy – this weekend bring the second part of their interview with Fanboys director Kyle Newman. And among their other recent guests is the always-entertaining Anthony Daniels.
Filed: fandom · film · people · star wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · fanboys (movie) · interviews
March 23rd, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
The actor will provide live narration for the two-hour musical event, which debuts in London next month.
UPDATE: Jedi News has an interview with Daniels.
Filed: star wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · john williams · music · star wars in concert
January 30th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
It’s Friday, and ‘Trespass’ debuts tonight. The episode introduces Chairman Chi Cho, voiced by Brian George, and also features quite a bit of Threepio. Get a preview with the latest webcomic, ‘Cold Snap’
Filed: the clone wars
Tagged: ahsoka tano · anthony daniels · efx · lightsabers · podcasts · previews · reviews · voice actors
July 21st, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Sunday brings Atsushi Takeuchi (and a peek at the TV show… for attendees,) Anthony Daniels, and video from the official site, while Rebelscum continues a constant parade of stuff, including lightsaber chopsticks!
Filed: conventions · the clone wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · celebration japan
June 14th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Exhibits: Where Science Meets Imagination opened in St. Paul this week, so naturally there’s plenty of press (featuring Anthony Daniels) from the locals, like the Star Tribune and KARE 11.
- Holidays: Sunday is Father’s Day, which means a lot of lip service for The Empire Strikes Back. Watch it with your dad!
- Random celebrities: Showbiz Ireland makes much ado about some Tatooine-esque getup of Colin Farrell’s. Hey, at least he’s not wearing a bad wig.
Filed: people · star wars
Tagged: anthony daniels · empire strikes back · exhibits · where science meets imagination
May 28th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
StarWars.com has announced that Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels will be guests at the third 30th anniversary convention taking place outside Tokyo this June. Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Jake Lloyd, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan and Matthew Wood are also confirmed.
Tagged: anthony daniels · celebration japan · mark hamill