Topless Robot has a list of ten Star Wars toys that unintentionally look like other celebrities. Uncanny! The Zach Braff as Han Solo, above, struck a nerve. Perhaps ‘JediFantasty’s’ EU casting choices were less off-target than we thought? (via)
TFN discovered a Hasbro Evolutions 3-pack that reveals the ‘Secret Apprentice’ (if we don’t get a real name soon I’m just going to settle for Crashdown) in the guises of a Sith Lord and a Jedi. Rebelscum has more pics of what looks to be a large chunk of the TFU line.
Though really, seeing how many secret apprentices Anakin/Vader had, they could probably stand to diversify the field a bit. You know that someone somewhere is chomping at the bit for a Hethrir figure.
- Fandom: Connecticut fans Ryan Kitchel and Deb Fix have a Star Wars wedding.
- Video: A mashup of Star Wars and Coming to America. it’s funny… for about a minute.
- Toys: Mousedroid gets Hasbro to confirm that there is a Vong figure in development.
- Fansites: International fansites form S.W.O.R.A.; Rebelscum annexes Japan.
- A Good Question: Art of Star Wars calender lacks artist credits?
- Sue Rostoni confirms that the Fury summary that appeared last week is indeed the real thing.
- Drew Karpyshyn revealed on his personal site that the manuscript for his December Bane sequel has been sent off to the powers that be.
- And for you Clone Wars/half naked Anakin fans, Rebelscum has posted pictures of the Hasbro figure inspired by Chapter 24 of the animated micro-series. They also have pics of Roron Corobb and Yoda with Kybuck.
RebelScum reports that among their rebooted Evolution will be three sets that contain EU figures – Evolution of the Jedi will have a NJO Luke Skywalker, Evolution of the Sith (#2?) contains Darths Bane and Nihilus, and Evolution of the Fetts will have a Mandalore figure. (Looks like KOTOR era, but I could be wrong.)
Also spotted at Hasbro: Yoda & Kybuck, shirtless Anakin from the (first) Clone Wars cartoons; Darth Revan and Darth Malak from the KOTOR games and pre-cyborg Grievous and a McQuarrie concept Chewbacca.
Video of yesterday’s Indiana Jones broadcast from Comic-Con. Watch it before it’s gone! Or, watch an official behind the scenes video at the Indy site.
- Indy figures were unveiled today, including some of the stumpy-cute Galactic Heroes-style. Cool Toy Review has more pics.
- There was also some Indy content at the Star Wars publishing panel, including contributions from EU vets James Luceno, John Jackson Miller and J.W.Rinzler.
- Indy swag.
- Also forthcoming: Lego Indy, the game.
- New IndianaJones.com launched yesterday. (via)
According to the TOSblog, the August issue of Wired, devoted to how-tos, has several Star Wars features. There are instructions for adding lightsabers to videos all over the internet, but action figure arranging from Robot Chicken’s head writers might be unique. (It’s the first thing that comes up in Google, anyway.)
Action figures based on the original McQuarrie concept art of Metropolis-inspired Threepio and Artoo! Now that’s almost worth waiting in line for.
In other CIV news, Master Replicas will be hosting tree competitive ‘Combat Trials’.