For now, I’m just going to think of things like this as a dress rehearsal for Episode VII. Rebels seems like it might sell more toys than Shadows of the Empire, at least.
Superstar customizer Sillof’s latest set of reimagined Star Wars action figures are out, and this time he’s looked back to the “retro sci-fi serials of the 40’s” that helped inspire Star Wars in the first place.
- Wide world of puns. The University of Michigan has a quarterback named Tate Forcier. You don’t even have to imagine: They’ve already been made.
- Action figures in action. Bonnie interviews Stéfan Le Dû about his Stormtroopers 365 project.
- Internet inevitability. Animals with lightsabers, the blog. (via)
- Freeform advice. What would Han Solo do?
- Randomly… Den of Geek praises the sci-fi corridor.
Our own JawaJames, a San Diego native, is posting Comic-Con pics on his Flickr. Above, the Lucasfilm pavilion!
Of course, Mary, Bonnie, Pablo and crew are also in town, taking and posting a ton of floor photos from the con. You guys feast on them (Preview night and set up, so far,) watch the StarWars.com blog and keep an eye on the usual fansites, and I’ll be back later today to gather more links.
Insight is a collection of action figure photographs by Hasbro’s Gianni Lopergolo, who is living with Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Hasbro is selling the collection – which features mainly photographs of their Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and Marvel lines, to help raises funds for his family and others suffering from the disease.
Ladies (and gents, if so inclined) it is NEVER cool to ask folks to sign your sex toys. Even if it is just an action figure with a battery pack.
In less mind-sporking Twilight news, have you heard about the woman who found a New Moon script in the trash?
Rebelscum has a couple of galleries from Toy Fair… Not much EUish from Diamond Select. (Though their Jedi Luke looks nice.) The real gems, as usual, come from Hasbro and their comic packs. There’s a bunch of Clone Wars stuff I can’t even begin to catagorize… And a Marvel-era Luke and Lumiya! (Removable head? How apt!)
Heading into a more modern comic era, Legacy’s Darth Krayt and an Imperial Knight who I believe is Sigil Dare, plus Kyle Katarn and Beefy the Vong (probably not his real name,) above. (Based on a late Tales storyline?)
- Extreme geekitude: Wired.com introduces the internet at large to the Toy and Action Figure Museum in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma.
- Alcohol: I’m not sure I can approve of Skittles-infused vodka.
- Blast from the past: The ten ultimate components of a geeky eighties childhood. I’m sorry to say that He-Man (well, She-Ra) was my very first obsession. And yet, Star Wars was ‘boy stuff.’ Go figure.
- Gaming: A look at pregnancy in video games.