I seriously hate this song – a minor dislike turned to seething hate by a roommate who would play it on repeat just to piss me off. (Amazingly enough, she is not making her living as an internet troll these days.) Still, I have to admit this is kind of cute.
December 4th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
October 9th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The internet’s favorite action figure customizer is back with a steampunk Return of the Jedi.
March 29th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
These limited edition prints based on classic photography from the Kenner line are pop-art fannish without being tacky. (via)
February 29th, 2008 by NanLuz · No Comments
Photographers Andrea Robbins and Max Becher have a gallery show at the University of Maryland Baltimore County of photographs including their “Figures” series, which pairs a Kenner SW figure with a corresponding Hasbro figure. A Washington Post reviewer thinks that “recent figures boast six-packs, bulging biceps and narrower waists. Both their femininity and masculinity have ballooned.” I’m not sure that we can blame the 90′s for this; after all, the 70′s brought us the Brothers Hildebrandt.
So are action figures modern art? Decide for yourself at the artists’ site ; scroll down to the Figures link on the left.
February 17th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Rebelscum has the Hasbro presentation. Comic pack details start at slide 16. There’s also some new figures of interest in the Evolutions line – X-Wing fans, you can finally have a Hobbie to hang out with your Wes and Fel.
- TOSblog has upcoming Mighty Muggs, along with a (slightly) closer look at Hasbro’s Clone Wars vehicles (including ‘the big one,’ a monster AT-TE,) comic packs and the Legacy Collection (nothing to do with either the comic or LOTF: they’re all OT figures. Genius.)
- Rebelscum goes a little nuts with Gentle Giant, with separate galleries of statues, Animated Maquettes, Classics busts, Mini-Busts, Kustomz and a video tour. Not to mention they’re teaming up with GG for an exclusive.
- A new licensee: Diamond Select Toys. They’ll make action figures, busts, and banks. How this makes them drastically different from Sideshow, Hasbro, Gentle Giant and the rest, I have no idea, but here are more details from the show.
- Yakface now has a LEGO gallery.
February 16th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
The Official Blog has pictures of new Clone Wars and Indiana Jones LEGO vehicles and sets, fresh from U.S. Toy Fair. Above, the V-19 Torrent. (You can see the Star Wars stuff a tad larger, plus descriptions, over at Gizmodo.) Warning to spoilerphobes: The Indy IV sets look like they contain some location spoilers.
Wizard has official photos of Hasbro’s Clone Wars line.
Oh, and Deet? Gentle Giant is coming out with a Shirtless Darth Maul. I thought you should know.
February 14th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
EU Cantina spotted these images of upcoming action figures, including the three (two spoilery!) variations of TFU’s ‘Secret Apprentice’ unboxed. But the real treat here is a look at the ‘Evolution of the Jedi’ pack, including what I believe is an NJO-era Luke Skywalker and KOTOR figures.
In other EU toy-type news, CJ reader Scoke discovered this giant list of box scans from WOTC’s new Legacy of the Force miniature line, which includes quite a variety of EU figures, from the Old Republic to folks from the Legacy comics.
February 5th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Topless Robot has a list of ten Star Wars toys that unintentionally look like other celebrities. Uncanny! The Zach Braff as Han Solo, above, struck a nerve. Perhaps ‘JediFantasty’s’ EU casting choices were less off-target than we thought? (via)
January 31st, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
TFN discovered a Hasbro Evolutions 3-pack that reveals the ‘Secret Apprentice’ (if we don’t get a real name soon I’m just going to settle for Crashdown) in the guises of a Sith Lord and a Jedi. Rebelscum has more pics of what looks to be a large chunk of the TFU line.
Though really, seeing how many secret apprentices Anakin/Vader had, they could probably stand to diversify the field a bit. You know that someone somewhere is chomping at the bit for a Hethrir figure.
January 21st, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Fandom: Connecticut fans Ryan Kitchel and Deb Fix have a Star Wars wedding.
- Video: A mashup of Star Wars and Coming to America. it’s funny… for about a minute.
- Toys: Mousedroid gets Hasbro to confirm that there is a Vong figure in development.
- Fansites: International fansites form S.W.O.R.A.; Rebelscum annexes Japan.
- A Good Question: Art of Star Wars calender lacks artist credits?