Maybe it’s the ramp-up for the upcoming November sweeps period? Maybe it’s just some cosmic alignment of the stars. But there are all sorts of tidbits about genre TV to be found:
- Battlestar Galactica supposedly has a return date of January 16th. Just in time, too. The speculation over the last Cylon is running rampant with i09 the latest to jump in.
- Speaking of coming back, how about more of David Tennant‘s doctor? Grovel to the BBC, folks.
- In yet another stunning show of lack of originality (including flashbacks to BSG’s revival), ABC is supporting the remake of V. I’m not sure I can get behind it. There was just something about the total 80′s look of the original that would be a shame to lose.
- However, in a newer twist, Ron Moore’s new series Virtuality will feature a married gay couple. Sure, they aren’t quite interesting, as yet, but nice to see some movement in this area.
- Maybe networks are willing to cut some slack for new genre shows? Additional scripts have been ordered for Sarah Connor and Knight Rider. (Really? Knight Rider?)
- And finally, E!’s Watch with Kristen provides some spoilery goodness on Heroes and the upcoming chick fight on Chuck.