Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has now been out for almost a week. To celebrate this event, I ate some crispy minty Indiana Jones M&Ms and drank some Indiana Jones Dr. Pepper yesterday. Now that the caffeine headache has gone away, here’s what I learned:
- 2nd biggest Memorial Day opening, with domestically $151 million (after Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End) – and $311 million worldwide.
- JediNews.co.uk and Lightsabre.co.uk have a joint review.
- Scientific American plus a few articles that are tangential to archaeology and the kingdom of the crystal skull.
- Communists in St. Petersburg, Russia are protesting the portrayal of Soviets of that era. What next, Ukrainians protesting Cate Blanchett’s accent?
- Shia LeBeouf’s entrance a homage to Brando in The Wild One? Signs point to yes.
- Indiana Jones vs Carrie Bradshaw: this weekend – will it be Sex and the City.. or Snakes and the Lost City?
- and one of the shorter reviews: The Five Word Review