The midnight showings are tomorrow night for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. And with the release almost upon us, there’s a deluge of news articles covering the movie, the stars, the reviews, the crystal skulls, the merchandise, and pretty much anything else that can fit with Indiana Jones (Anyone see those NBA playoff/Indiana Jones commercials? what’s the connection there?)
Here’s some of the random news and commentary that’s fit to print:
- Harrison Ford helps Conservation International show how destruction of tropical rain forests can hurt us — using the analogy of getting his chest waxed.
- 10 random facts you may or may not know about Indiana Jones movies. Umm.. they need to do some fact checking of their own.
- Spielberg, Ford, Lucas, and LeBeouf get some comments in to the press – 5th Indy anyone?
- Ebert admits his love for Indy
- The Village Voice has an unfavorable review
- But the Providence Journal gives it 5 stars.
- Indiana Jones and the merchandising of obesity – on Salon.
- USA Today looks at George Lucas’ storytelling and father issues, and giving parental advice to Brangelina at Cannes.
- Just because Indy looks good in a fedora doesn’t mean that you will – and other movie fashion warnings from Wired’s Lore Sjöberg.
- Indiana Jones vs Spider-man
- Indiana Jones vs Jack Sparrow
- Indiana Jones vs the Internet (studio secrecy, etc.)
- The LA Times takes heat for putting a review of Indy on the front page.
- and thinking about why Raiders succeeded when Doom didn’t.