The live action series is a hot topic among fans, but what do we really know? Turns out… Not a whole lot. Let’s just say when I went to update this, most of the new stuff is still unconfirmed. Head on under the cut to see it in all its thrilling glory.
(The image above was part of a poster that debuted at Toy Fair 2007. It’s still the only promotional item we’ve seen.)
Confirmed plot information
- It will be set between the two movie trilogies, and the Skywalkers will not appear. 
- The series will be “much darker, much more character-based… much more adult.” 
- Boba Fett will be an “instrumental part” of the series, and not the only bounty hunter we’ll see. 
- Currently there are no existing EU characters involved. 
Confirmed production information
- According to reports, Steve Sansweet mentioned 2012 as a possible date at Dragon*Con 2009.
- “Probably won’t start until 2010″ and is currently “in the script stage” 
- The series will be at least 100 episodes, but they hope to go up to 400. 
- It will shoot in Sydney and casting may start this summer. 
- There are six writers: Two English, one Australian, and three Americans. McCallum hoped to have the first season scripts done by June. 
- Four concept artists are working on the show, including Erik Tiemens. 
Unconfirmed production info
- Sci Fi Australia reports that Rick McCallum has approached some local writers, while SciFiNow throws Australian TV producer and writer John Edwards into the ring.
- I’ll let TFN round up the filming location speculation.
- Jay Laga’aia tells New Zealand paper that he’s talked to George about a role.
- Rose Bryne (Attack of the Clones) says that LFL is auditioning, but reps told Entertainment Weekly that they’re still doing “preliminary ground work.” She’s back at it in July.
- Perth Now reports that the show will feature music by Malcolm Luker.
- Jim Marquand, son of ROTJ director Richard Marquand, might direct an episode. 
- LFL talked to (at least) writers from Battlestar Galactica, Lost and Heroes.  Doctor Who’s Russell T. Davies turned down a chance to talk with Lucas.
Unconfirmed plot info
- The tone of the show will be “Deadwood meets The Sopranos.” 
- Familiar names that may show up: Bib Fortuna, Oola, Baron Papanoida, Thall Joben, Naberrie, Durron. 
- Confirmed: Book contracts for the series will be separate. 
- Unconfirmed: A new MMO might be in development based on the series. 
- Both Lucas  and MacCallum  are on record having praised the HBO shows Deadwood and Rome, among others.
- IESB: Lucasfilm is Looking for Star Wars TV Writers!
- TOS boards: Sue Rostoni on June 25, 2007
- Rick McCallum @ Celebration Europe
- TV Guide: George Lucas Interview, September 2007
- AICN: Spy report from Kuato
- Rick McCallum @ Reunion 2
- Star Wars Insider #99: Rick McCallum interview
- Total Video Games: LucasArts Developing Star Wars MMO?
- Liverpool Daily Post: Jim Marquand: Star Wars memories and a Scouse sense of humour
- Collider: Star Wars Animated and Live-Action News
- Coming Soon: George Lucas interview, March 2008
Originally published March 18, 2008.