With ‘The Lawless’ airing last Saturday, the story arc of Darth Maul’s ambitions to become a major player in the galaxy have come to an end. Naturally, with many of the big developments that came out of this story, most notably the deaths of Pre Vizsla, Duchess Satine, and Savage Opress, and Maul being spared by Sidious, there’s a lot to talk about with Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Here’s a rundown of some of the buzz on Darth Maul / Death Watch storyline:
- IGN’s Eric Goldman interviews supervising director Dave Filoni on pretty much everything significant that happened in the whole story arc
- Dave Filoni and Sam Witwer discuss the events of ‘The Lawless’ in the featurette video: ‘Wrath of the Sith’
- Over at the official Star Wars blog, Jason Fry discusses his role in writing Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy, the Scholastic novelization of the story arc, and what aspects of the story are different – and throws down an Easter egg challenge.
- Pete over at Lightsaber Rattling speculates on how the events of this arc start building a path toward the Outer Rim sieges mentioned in Episode III.
- We have highlights of the Google Hangout chat from Saturday after the airing of ‘The Lawless’
- Christian over at Hollywood.com, co-host of the Google Hangout, dissects ‘The Lawless’.
- Bryan Young at Big Shiny Robot! hunts down more evidence to ensure that Season Six is really coming to Disney XD.