Trivia masters rejoice: Jeopardy! added a Star Wars category today. It’s already aired here (curses!) so I have to ask: just how obsessed does one have to be to make the $1000 question laughable?
In the News
- Add David Cronenberg to the list of directors who could have made Return of the Jedi. (via)
- TFN reports that Christine Hewett, who played one of the Tonnika sisters in ANH, has past away.
- Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker tops New York Magazine’s list of ten annoying child actors they’d love to send to Kid Nation. I must object – one film, no matter how disapointing, simply isn’t enough to justify putting Lloyd above any prepubescent cast member of Full House. That show terrorized American airwaves for eight years, not counting syndication.
- AFI is sponsering 11 screenings in Hollywood to celebrate its 40th anniversary, including George Lucas presenting A New Hope. Alas, tickets “sold out faster than the Falcon made the Kessel Run,” as Stooge pointed out on Wednesday.
- IGN’s featured Dead Ewok (colloquially known to fandom as Corpsey) as their Obscure Character of the Day for (again) Wednesday.
- The Jedi Assembly celebrates fifth anniversary.
On the TOS
- The runup to Family Guy: Blue Harvest continues with an interview with writer/producer Alec Sulkin and giclée prints on Star Wars Shop.
- Pete Vilmur takes a look at the ‘pointy W’ logo.
- Hyperspace: Bantha Tracks covers Dragon*Con, while the Source Archive explored the insignia of Rogue Squadron and The New Republic as well as two more NewsNet articles: Ralltiir Uprising Quelled and Imperial Senate Suspended.