Great American film, or Greatest American film?
The American Film Institute is revisited their list of the top American movies yesterday. In 1998, Star Wars was #15; this time, it’s moved up to #13! Also making the cut are American Graffiti (#62, up from #77) and Raiders of the Lost Ark (#66, down from #60.) New additions include Fellowship of the Ring (#50) and Blade Runner (#97.) Register on the site to download the list in PDF.
- The International Space Station has a familiar silhouette.
- 5.7 million viewers tuned in for Robot Chicken: Star Wars.
- The X-Wing mailbox is pretty neat, but will Rogue Leader fetch your mail? (Thanks, MJS!)
- Australian poll personifies their politicians as Star Wars characters. Next poll: Pulp Fiction.
- The seven deadly sins of kid culture. I’m irrationally amused by the images each being a section off, placing Jar-Jar under ‘princess-ness.’
- Library in suburban Chicago holding Star Wars event.