With the first story arc done, it’s time to see what the reviewers are saying about the start of Star Wars: The Clone Wars season four. Did people think that this story arc jumped the shark? Indeed not – It looks like most reviewers were swimmingly pleased with the Mon Cala war storyline.
- Entertainment Weekly is a fan for ‘Prisoners’, and points out the long history of Mon Cala getting invaded in the EU, while calling the first two parts bombad!
- IGN enjoyed the action of the storyline but couldn’t take the Gungans, and settles on a 7.5 for parts one and two combined, and an 8 out of 10 for part three.
- Bryan at Big Shiny Robot squees over the Jaws homage and calls ‘Prisoners’ very very solid.
- Den of Geek was underwhelmed with the shark arc: “Compared with previous openers, it [the three-part story] falls short in terms of technical skills, storytelling and character development.” ‘Water War’/’Gungan Attack’ had bland characters, and the “less remarkable moments [of ‘Prisoners’] … come off second best.”
- Eric at TheForce.net points out the ‘chosen one’ parallels between Lee-Char and Anakin in his review of part one, enjoys scenes with Kit Fisto and Riff Tamson in the second, and liked Lee-Char’s development, but disliked Riff Tamson’s demise in the final act.
- Matt gives it a 7.5 of 10, with a slow start, but cheered the Jaws ending.
- LightSaber Rattling picked ‘Prisoners’ as the favorite part of the arc, and examines the issues of slavery in The Clone Wars.
Meanwhile, The HD Room checks in with Dave Filoni about what to expect this season.