If you haven’t been on Twitter the past few nights, you can check out Bonnie’s photos of the Los Angeles screening on Flickr. And now, onward:
- IGN’s Eric Goldman says that for action-oriented fans, “these are the episodes you’ve been looking for,” and that the storyline is “exactly the kick in the pants this season has needed.”
- Newsarama’s Lucas Siegel says that Savage “injects not just some straight action but also some of the … intrigue into the mix. ”
- Amy of Geek with Curves says that “series is truly meant for the big screen; it was stunning.”
- NJOE’s Darth Potentia gives a fairly detailed run-through, saying “Katie Lucas… crafted a tight story, which showed action, emotion, and humor.”
- RedEye’s Elliott Serrano attended the Chicago screening (with Katie the Star Wars Girl!) and while he wasn’t a fan of the series originally, he’s now a convert, saying “the story line was fast-paced with lots of action and humor to break up the exposition, just like classic Star Wars.” (And he’s giving away Savage Opress t-shirts.)
There are spoilers out there if you know where to look – or if you’re an Insider subscriber – but for the most part these reviews are keeping the big secret… So far.