Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip
That started from a Mando port aboard this upright ship.
The clones were a mighty fighting men, the Jedi brave as bros.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a half hour show, a half hour show.
We interrupt this theme song parody for some reviews of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode, ‘Voyage of Temptation’. Song will continue after these important messages:
- IGN gives it a 9.1, with high marks for developing Obi-wan’s character as someone who chose one path, but felt some remorse, and the horror of the spider droids.
- Big Shiny Robot liked Obi-wan’s backstory, and how it fit with Attack of the Clones, and was pleased with the super battle droid boarding action.
- Prequel Appreciation Society called ‘Voyage’ amusing and entertaining, and likes Anakin’s prodding into Obi/Satine, and ponders on what is and isn’t out of character for Obi-wan Kenobi.
- TheForce.net ventures to say that TCW is handling love better than the prequels. Although really, all we see is love through the bitterness of remorse. Also examined are the role of the villain Merrik, and nods to the films.
- MTV Movies Blog points out how Anakin’s action fit into a larger pattern of falling toward the dark side.
- Pendragon’s Post hails this episode as being The Clone Wars in top form, surpassing the movies in its ability to have dialogue and characters in a love story.
- Television Zombies gives it 3.5 of 5 sabers, liking the action, but finding it a bit cheesy and pushing the boundaries of a kid’s show.
Space travel started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless clones
The Duchess would be lost, the Duchess would be lost.
The ship was filled with spider droids, which came out of their nest
His Master too,
The senators and their staff,
The Jedi’s ex,
The artoo-droid and some clones,
Here with Captain Rex.