In the hefty realm of Star Wars pranks, the big hit seems to be ThinkGeek’s Tauntaun sleeping bag. What kid wouldn’t love that!
Meanwhile, Wookieepedia has gone purist: “…the consensus of the Wookieepedia administrators is to only accept the Star Wars films as canon. Expanded Universe material will be treated as non-canon from here on. ”
Big thanks to for the enthusiastic replies to Laurel K. Hamilton’s Jaded Conquest, and to CJ’s Heather W. for the title. We actually have a great run of title suggestions on the list, including Journey into Skywalker, Jedi in Chains, Under The Hand, and Hard Jade Knight. I think it might call for a poll…
Other EU tomfoolery: The Movie Blog reports that George Lucas is making a Legacy movie; TFN’s Lit forums celebrate the release of Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls and the announcement of Republic Commando: Tipoca Thunder, while there is mass outrage of Dark Horse’s decision to reshuffle the NJO timeline for Invasion.
As for the rest of the internet…
- Expedia is offering $99 flights to Mars!.
- Google has developed artificial intelligence, and she’ll reply to your emails for you!
- Tor.com changes their name to TÖRdötCÖM and spends the day posting a mix of serious and silly content. Particularly notable: Anne Rice Admits to Writing Jesus Fan Fiction, Fiction World Rocked as Woman Claims No Sexual Attraction to Neil Gaiman and Fox Cancels Joss Whedon.
- Every day is April Fools for The Onion, but I can’t help but appreciate Obama Depressed, Distant Since ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Series Finale.
- Red Right Hand is going to the special hell for almost making it through a report that Fox is remaking Firefly with Steven Bochco and Mark-Paul Gosselaar.
- Keep up at Fandom Lounge or April Fools’ Day On The Web.