Last week’s The Clone Wars season finale ‘Hostage Crisis’ brought in the viewers – Cartoon Network posted a viewership of 3.3 million (more than the 2.4 million brought in by the Battlestar Galactica finale), its best performance since the premiere, according to USA Today’s Nielsen’s roundup. Here’s what the reviewers are saying:
- io9 was pleased with “a surprising new-found maturity in the writing.”
- SW Clone Wars Reviews liked showing the Anakin / Padme dynamic as an important part of the saga but knocked the episode for bringing back Ziro the Hutt.
- Big Shiny Robot says that ‘Hostage Crisis’ stole the crown for favorite episode over ‘Duel of the Droids’, calling it downright spectacular.”
- IGN gave plus points for Cad Bane and Aurra Sing, minus points for Ziro the Hutt, and thought “The idea of Anakin doing his best John McClane impression, as he attempted to free Padme, Bail Organa and other captured prisoners … was fun.”
- Dauntless Media gives it a B for some plausibility concerns over the ability to storm the Senate, but likes seeing Anakin and Padme interact.
- LazyPadawan points out that with Anakin and Padme, a lightsaber is sometimes more than a lightsaber and says “What’s there not to love in this episode?”
And if you missed the Club Jade review of ‘Hostage Crisis’, you can read and comment on it here.