With things being so busy lately, I admit I’ve been dragging my feet on doing this post. However, the news is good. No, we didn’t have any overwhelming Vin Diesel incidents, but the numbers came out comparable to 2011 – 459,317 pageviews and 299,400 visits. It’s slightly less, but if you discount the extra boost that Vin’s Redditing gave us, it still shows real growth. Our daily average is 1258 pageviews and 820 visits a day.
Our biggest day was October 31, the day after the Disney sale was announced, with 3961 pageviews and 2232 visits.
Below the cut are our most-visited posts, our biggest referrals, and the top commenters of 2012.
And for the last day of Celebration VI – more photos! The Sunday edition of photos from Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando. We’ve got some of the Rancho Obi-Wan Experience, Sunday’s Bounty Hunt, me in the Random House Audio booth, and hanging out after the close, and of course, random costumes and coolness.
And if you missed them:
We’re at Origins, or otherwise busy. The Tumblr is locked and loaded. Talk amongst yourselves.
I’ve been on Tumblr for a while now, but somehow Friday’s stirring GIF party disappointment ended up with me creating a Club Jade Tumblr. I know! This is madness!
Fear not – most of the stuff I’ve been posting so far aren’t really things that would make it all the way to the blog in a timely fashion, and more stuff from the blog will make it out there throughout the week.
But, of course, I blame Stooge.
It’s looking like another slow news day around these parts, so let’s chat. Ask me anything. (Even if it’s not Star Wars! Why the hell not!) Share something cool. Discuss. Whatever! Let’s chill.
2011 was a good year for here at Club Jade. We saw hits rise, in no small part due to links from StarWars.com and Reddit, and people searching for news about the Blu-rays and Hallmart ornaments. Plus that whole thing about civility. And Vin Diesel. (Yes, Vin Diesel.) Head below the cut for the details.
We have all gathered here in the suite for our Post-Con Depression Kick-Off Breakfast: bagels, cold pizza, cake, Doritos, stale popcorn and cookies. The breakfast of geeks, baby!
Before we start putting the suite back into place, we thought we’d post our collection of quotes for, well, our enjoyment. Regular blogging will return after we get home and sleep for a few days.
- “Acknowledge my existence!” – Fen to a cantankerous bathroom water sensor
- “When will people realize that you just shouldn’t put pictures of your junk on the internet?” – Elizabeth
- “Or you give it to a man who knows how to work your equipment.”
- “Luci is a House Elf.”
- “Enjoy your drink. We’ll pray for you.” – Luci, the Apprentice Bartender
- “I’m a little short to dress as Darth Vader.” – Helen
- “Hello, you’re looking down.” – Deet, supportive as always
- “I’m licking Obi-Wan. It is a good day.” – Beth
- “She’s Edward, not a man!” – Eliz
- “Now.. did they get the whipped cream for me?” – Rach
- “I like to go in there and just inhale, because it smells like books.” – Fen
- “You don’t want to listen to x-rated fix either, Mom?” – Carly
- “Well, that was a totally heterosexist clue!” – Carly
- Kelly: “What are we applauding?” Dan: “My squats.”
- “Urrr… I am not a clever pirate.” – VJ
- “Oh my gawd. Callista is Edward. Eww. That means Luke is Bella.” – Caitlin
- “Spores are comin’, man… woom-baya.” – Nancy
- “Woooooomb.” – Spontaneous chant throughout the room
- “So, who be the vendor of choice for blow-up salamanders?” – Tom
- “Yay! Fluffy boobs!” – Russ
- “He’s hot… not Gardulla the Hutt.” – J9
- “Peeing in a grass skirt is harder than it seems.” – Yav
- “Dunc has gotten into my soul. And that is scary.” – Beth
- Aaron: “Y’all are pretty deranged.” Dunc: “We learned it from watching you!”
- “PG actually counts by alphabetizing numbers.” – Dave
- “As much as I’d like a big red, star destroyer, but I’m probably better off with a Jedi.” – PG
Regular blogging has been suspended until, oh, next week sometime. We may be tweeting, and there may be the occasional entry here, but no promises.
Forgive me for using this week’s discussion for selfish purposes, but spring is in the air (at least, it is here) and I’m finally getting down to business with a cosmetic refresh for the blog. I’m so sick of looking like 2007!
A few things that will almost certainly make the cut: Gravatars, threaded comments, some subtle social media sharing aids, an about page refresh with blogger bios (finally!) and a new look for the book release schedule. What will remain the same? Well, we’re sticking with WordPress, a white background and fairly minimalist design.
But what kind of things would you like to see? Any (technical, not content!) features you’ve seen on other blogs that you think would serve us well? Or are there any types of posts you’d like to see more (or less) of? Now’s your chance to weigh in.
So it came, the time of year when we look back upon our stats for last year… This is my first time doing this publicly, and if you don’t run a fan site they might be terribly boring, but what the hell, right? Continue reading